The Shark Academy has a strict cancellation policy pertaining to all bookings.
For Interns and Volunteers there is no refund on deposits, which constitute 50% of the booking balance. No exception will be made for refund of deposits.
If an Intern/Volunteer has paid the full balance of the booking balance, the following refund structure will apply to the other 50% constituted under the following exceptional circumstances:
1. A family emergency. In this scenario, the Intern/Volunteer must provide written proof in the form of medical certificates, death certificates, etc. which explicitly state the nature of the emergency.
2. Personal sickness/unforeseen medical condition. In this scenario, the Intern/Volunteer must provide a medical certificate explicitly stating the nature of the medical condition. This must be provided 30+ days prior to arrival on the program.
3. Political uprising/in-country instability. In this scenario, should the political climate of South Africa change resulting in non-attendance on the program, the Intern/Volunteer will be notified 30+ days prior to arrival on the program or as soon as possible thereafter.
In all of these cases, the program deposit of 50% is non-refundable. Thereafter the following refund structure will apply:
– 15-30 days prior to start date: 50% refund less the non-refundable deposit.
– 14-0 days prior to start: 50% refund less the non-refundable deposit.
– Already attending the program: 25% refund less the non-refundable deposit.
In all other cases, the following refund structure will apply:
– Cancellations 30+ days prior to the program start date: forfeit the 50% booking fee.
– Cancellations 14-0 days prior to program start date: no refund.
In the case of an Intern/Volunteer departing the program of their own volition after arrival on the program, with no valid medical, political or family emergency circumstances, no refund will be issued.